Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oh, I'm Not Sick.. I'm Just Not Wearing Any Make-up

Did anyone see that episode of Desperate Housewives where Gabby was forced to promise her daughter, Juanita, she wouldn't wear any make up to a gala she had to go to? The entire night she kept announcing to anyone who crossed paths with her that she wasn't sick.. she just wasn't wearing any make up. It gets to the point where she's explaining the situation to even the cocktail waiters.

No make-up shot (ok, ok, I'm wearing foundation. NO ONE sees me without foundation, for the good of mankind. Oh, and I posted a dorky one for you, Hailey.)
How many of you can relate to that??I, unfortunately, can relate COMPLETELY!!! My mother in-law (bless her heart) never knows why I look so crappy when I'm not wearing make-up, (last time she thought it was the streaks in my hair that were washing me out... either that or I was sick), but she definitely notices that I do!!

For the record, let it be known that I'm extremely jealous of women who can go without make-up and they don't look sick, hung over, tired, ten years older, washed-out or dead.

5 comments:

McDolan said...

hmm... I think I can get away with it, or at least i don't care what anyone else thinks - spent the last 3 mo. without practically, but I am enjoying putting the darn'd stuff on again now that i back at work :)

Alyssa said...

I was just thinking about this today as I left the house with wet hair and no makeup... my acne scars and sun damage spots in full view for everyone to enjoy. Two months ago I would never have left the house like that, but having a baby has changed all that! Liberating or depressing? Not sure. And for the record, I think you look cute sans makeup, Sassy!

RORYJEAN said...

Haha! I'm definitely one of those people who needs makeup, for the good of mankind. I'm so pasty and pale without it, if I go without it, people always ask me if I'm sick. Thanks goodness for makeup!!!

I know it's totally shallow, but there have been times where those celebrity gossip mags show celebrities with no makeup on their covers. I confess I've felt better while standing in line at the grocery checkout, seeing proof that the beautiful people look gross without it, too.

Hailey said...

Ah, man!! I convinced myself that cover-up didn't count as make-up! Sometimes I am running late for work and decide to "skip" my make-up and just do it when I get to work (I'm there before most people anyway, so I can get away with it). But skipping my make-up still means I put cover-up on my eye baggage and facial splotches, throw on some blush, and add a touch of mascara. I'm such a fraud! Whenever I TRULY leave the house without any make-up, I wear my glasses. Somehow, glasses camouflage the death-bed look and give off a "I'm working hard because I'm smart" look instead :)

Tammy Spence said...

I like Merry's comment. By the way you look beautiful without makeup. These days I'm going without makeup too. The other day I had to take baby Z to the doctor and I ran into the bathroom for a quick check to make sure I looked ok and boy was I surprised. I looked like shit!! I decided to throw on some cover up and mascara (while Z man was screaming at me) and decided that was just going to have to do. I mean the doctor doesn't care, right! I miss the days of getting ready and feeling like I look good.